Thursday 31 July 2014

My Tattoos

I am a lover of tattoos. Phew, that's out there. I have 7 tattoos myself, much to my mothers dismay. (she cant talk though she has 2!) I am quite particular in what I will have on my body and by who, as I believe most people are. I am also particular in volume of tattoos. some girls that get covered just don't manage to retain their 'girly-ness' although maybe they wanted to loose it but for me its a no no. Anyway I am just going to show you a few of my tattoos, mainly because I cannot get pictures of the ones on my back alone!

















I got my first tattoo at 18 (the one on the right), when I was young naive and had first moved away from my parents to university. I saw a lovely swallow on sienna millers arm which I loved, so I wanted something similar. To be honest the work was shoddy and by the time I was 20 I disliked it. in steps my old school friend, training to be a tattooist so I let him do his magic, and he filled it in and added the other birds (there is three extra after the original). these go round my wrist and I always get people comment on them saying how much they love them! My friend did all his work in dot work then and was one of the first and I would say is the most exciting dot work tattooist in Norwich at the moment. (search WhitingTattoos on instagram for more of his work!)


This tattoo is probably my favourite out of all 7 of mine. I love owls (see my New house tour post) when I turned 20 I decided I wanted something new on my right arm. and this was it. my tattoo artist was brilliant and made me instantly comfortable (I actually got most of my tattoos done with him) I honestly love this completely everything from the design to the shading. 

I would say that with my first tattoo I felt like I jumped in too soon. I wish now I had spent a bit longer deciding on what I would have liked on my permanently on my body. To people thinking about getting one, find a design/picture and put it as your laptop background for at least 6 months to see if you get bored of it. it is not a light decision. I have not had any  more tattoos for a good few years now, maybe due to living abroad or having other more important things to spend my money on (tattoos are not cheap!!). I am not opposed to getting any more now I just would like to spend a bit more time thinking about them!

Do any of you have tattoos? have you had any particular experiences of tattoos? 

Toodles
Kelsie x




No comments:

Post a Comment



blogger template by lovebird