Tuesday 22 July 2014

Pregnant at a Music Festival

This year, I attended my first music festival whilst being pregnant. I have been to music festivals before, this time though I was ready for a completely different experience. Planning for it was a very stressful experience, I had to make sure I had everything I could possibly need and to be completely comfortable during the weekend!


I wasn't showing as much as I am now, but I also knew I had to keep myself safe, which to be honest was pretty easy. The Festival was during a period where the baby had started pushing on my bladder so I knew I would need the loo probably just as much as I would if I had been drinking, however I found that most people wouldn't mind you queue jumping if you just explained you were pregnant. I also prepared by taking a little stool around inside the arena bit so that during the day I would have something to sit on rather than the floor as, I am starting to struggle with the whole getting up thing now! By the last day though I did just take a standard camping chair in with me which provided the world of comfort! Honestly I became 'one' of those people! My partner and I invested in a couple of new pieces for the festival this season like a better camping chair, the fold up stool, I also purchased a nice new back pack to fit everything in I would need for the day. 
I also visited the welfare tent straight away, just make them aware that there was a pregnant person attending the festival. I was met by a lovely lady who had done the same festival with both her pregnancies, and completely reassured me I would be fine. 
She did warn me that by speakers where the bass might suddenly come in, I may experience a contraction which was nothing to worry about though! Luckily I didn't. 

I also went about hiring a Volt charger, to keep my phone charged during the weekend in case something did happen. their service was extremely good and I would recommend them to anyone, not only was I able to keep my phone charged I could get a new charging unit at any time for no extra cost and could always keep my phone on me!

I hope this benefits over expectant mothers who have debated the same thing as me! Being pregnant is a magical time, it also can feel like a hindrance, however I don't want people to feel like that, you can still do much of the same things just adapting them a bit!

Toodles,
Kelsie x


No comments:

Post a Comment



blogger template by lovebird