Thursday 14 August 2014

Kicking the Habit

Picture - Source




I'm hoping by writing this I can help at least one person. I have now been 6 months without a cigarette. I had been smoking since I was 18. A horrible habit I know, however I worked in an industry where it felt like everyone smoked, it became routine. I found that changing a routine is harder than giving up itself. Obviously finding out I was pregnant was the first boost I needed to stop, not wanting to harm my child. I then found I had to change my routine, or just get 'un-used' to it. I feel sorry for all the people that had to deal with me in that period then, I was stressy and angry, but all the better for it now. There is no trick to quitting, it is sheer will power.
 Everyday I find a moment when I would love to just sit outside and enjoy a cigarette. They had a very calming effect on me. I still fight this everyday, when I walk past someone and smell it, when I'm stood in a queue at a shop and someone else buys them. It is hard, I won't lie, there is no trick to making it easier. If you are gunna do it, stop talking about and do it. do not get in a group thing where all of you will quit, although you may think the buddy system and support will help it doesn't work. YOU NEED TO DO IT FOR YOURSELF! I feel so much healthier, at the same time I also gave up alcohol. (again having a baby has helped with that) Once this baby is born I will probably have a drink at some point. Recently I also gave up fizzy drinks, an addiction that has been going on longer than any of my others. I have only given it up for just over a week, but that's a miracle for me. I have taken to drinking a lot lot more water, again making me feel so much healthier. I would love to be able to say 'this is how you do it', but in reality it's all about changing your routines up. its the habit, the routine that needs changing (this is what I found anyway). Also I saved so much money!!

Have you ever had to give anything up? quit anything? Any tips/tricks you found could help you or others??

Toodles
Kelsie x

My Twitter
My Instagram
My Tumblr

No comments:

Post a Comment



blogger template by lovebird