Saturday 21 November 2015

Managing Your Money

I feel that now I am a parent and 25 and classed as the overs category on x factor *sobs*, I am so much better with my money. recently with bills to pay and nursery fees coming out of my account every month, budgeting and planning have been important so we actually make it through the month and manage to put some away in savings.



Whether you have a monthly/weekly wage or pocket money, I put together some tips to help save and manage your money better

1. Make a list of all your known outgoings - i.e. bills you pay every month, what days they go out etc. I have nursery fees and phone bills come out of my account. All the other bills leave Brads account. however we have a list of all the bills that leave our account collectively to see how much money we have left over once all bills leave our accounts, leaving us with spending money for food/ petrol/ general spending money

2. write your food shopping list before you go and stick to it. this is the best way to ensure you don't spend more than necessary. we don't not buy ourselves little treats here and there we just try and be modest with it. we also plan our weekly meals, making sure we don't waste any food or anything goes out of date.

3. spending money - anything left over that gets spent we write down (keep receipts and write down exact expenditures). a handy tip I learnt from a friend years ago. you know those time you check your account and wonder where the hell all your money has gone. This.

4. savings - make a plan of how much you want to save each month, is it realistic? can you actually live the month with out that money? wanting to see your savings increase drastically is what everyone wants but sometimes its not feasible. if your outgoings are low, put more into an ISA etc. Make more from your own money, interest can be the best thing in some circumstances.

5. Those pennies you always end up with in your purse. Get a giant bottle or money box and just pop them in there. they amount up eventually and you'll be surprised by how much you actually have.

I really hope these tips help. I work a full time job and you know bills suck, I have an actual job where I can work overtime and be paid for it. its worth it, with Christmas coming up.

have you got any other tips for being Savvy with your money? share them!

Love

Kelsie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment



blogger template by lovebird